When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn exerciser laugh

-

56 Vette

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I went yesterday to look at an old starlet that was disassembled I found on craigslist, got the "oh gonna go get another one" from a few members of the family. Looked at the starlet and the price was right so I bought it, the guy closed on his house and had to move stuff out and asked if I would want the exercise bike, he threw out a price that I couldn't refuse, so now I'm coming home with a girls bike, and an exercise bike, I get the roll eyes from the gals about my new treasure
IMG_20150329_175846_296.jpg
IMG_20150329_175942_289.jpg
, but hey I didn't spend too much, and within an hour of being home guess who was adjusting and riding the old exerciser in the living room? Yup the same ones who rolled their eyes, guess my addiction isn't that bad after all!

It's funny I should read your thread about the Exerciser this morning . .
Yesterday, I was at a bike swap in San Jose, CA, and along comes the coolest Exerciser I've ever seen !
Check out this guy's creation:

download11_zpsulfhem0g-1.jpg

My wife has the same exact exerciser and rides it every night. Schwinn made a killing on those machines.

It's funny I should read your thread about the Exerciser this morning . .
Yesterday, I was at a bike swap in San Jose, CA, and along comes the coolest Exerciser I've ever seen !
Check out this guy's creation:

download11_zpsulfhem0g-1.jpg

Someone had some free time. Very cool.

That bike is a definitely a different build, with that huge chainring he must have some killer top end speed! He used almost all the goodies, wonder if the speedo in the dash by the fork works. I looked at my exerciser tonight and the gf daughter has already put 15 miles on it, had her iPad set up jamming to her kind of music when I walked in earlier tonight, pretty cool she is enjoying it, for now anyways! Joe

Those friggin' Exercisers are great. I actively search them out. Ton of good parts on them. Extra tall post, minty cranks and chain, some years even use the same pivot bolt threading as the springer forks.

They don't make exercise equipment like that anymore. A few months ago a dude brought a Target "Schwinn" exercise bike into the shop because it was falling apart. Got it patched up for the time being, but it was a sad thing.

Great score on the Starlet too.

Cheers, Geoff

I went yesterday to look at an old starlet that was disassembled I found on craigslist, got the "oh gonna go get another one" from a few members of the family. Looked at the starlet and the price was right so I bought it, the guy closed on his house and had to move stuff out and asked if I would want the exercise bike, he threw out a price that I couldn't refuse, so now I'm coming home with a girls bike, and an exercise bike, I get the roll eyes from the gals about my new treasure

I kinda like the exercise bike, anyone know what is the model name of it? Thanks!

I have bought at least 5 of them, bought one today for 10 bucks
yea I take the seat the extra heavy and extra long post, the goose neck, chain, all the clamps, nuts and bolts, grips, crank and crank arms and toss most of the rest of it I think they call it the XR7

I thought the exercisers were cool too, I had a mint one nobody wanted so off to the scrap yard it went a month ago.

Back