Schwinn Experts, Help! I've Fallen and I can't Reach my badges!

This ad disappears when logged in

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Howdy fellow bicycle FREAKS! I'm back to the Schwinn headbadge history book I've been working on.
I've got 95 Companies in it so far, but I'm having trouble finding information and photos of bikes for several of the Companies. I'm hoping I can ask about different companies from time to time and maybe someone in bicycle land can help me?

I'll start off with Albright's Cycling & Fitness. South Bend, Indiana & Mishawaka, Indiana
I know they sold Schwinn, Raleigh and Columbia for sure, maybe more.
Any Information and Photos would be just Wonderful! Thanks, Merry Christmas! Barry
SUPERB 1955 J.P. ALBRIGHT 01.jpg
ALBRIGHT'S PHOTO 02.jpg

I think the bike above is a Columbia? You can see a Schwinn sign in the window.

________________________________________________________________________________
Hello Guys! I'm looking for any cool badge that catches my eye!
Please PM me, email me at graydiana@att.net, call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text / call my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry

Last edited:

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Compton, United States
I had a green and Ivory 1947 Schwinn B6 that had a JP Albrights decal on the rear fender.
The headbadge was the typical Schwinn oval, but the shop decal on the back fender was super cool.
I sold the bike a few years ago, but I think it's still in the area.
I'll see if I can get a picture of it for you.

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I had a green and Ivory 1947 Schwinn B6 that had a JP Albrights decal on the rear fender.
The headbadge was the typical Schwinn oval, but the shop decal on the back fender was super cool.
I sold the bike a few years ago, but I think it's still in the area.
I'll see if I can get a picture of it for you.
That would be great! Thanks for the help. Barry

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Howdy fellow bicycle FREAKS! I'm back to the Schwinn headbadge history book I've been working on.
I've got 95 Companies in it so far, but I'm having trouble finding information and photos of bikes for several of the Companies. I'm hoping I can ask about different companies from time to time and maybe someone in bicycle land can help me?

I'll start off with Albright's Cycling & Fitness. South Bend, Indiana & Mishawaka, Indiana
I know they sold Schwinn, Raleigh and Columbia for sure, maybe more.
Any Information and Photos would be just Wonderful! Thanks, Merry Christmas! Barry
superb-1955-j-p-albright-01-jpg.jpg
albrights-photo-02-jpg.jpg

I think the bike above is a Columbia? You can see a Schwinn sign in the window.

________________________________________________________________________________
Hello Guys! I'm looking for any cool badge that catches my eye!
Please PM me, email me at graydiana@att.net, call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text / call my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
Thank you! I wasn't able to look at the bike without a password? Barry
Sorry about that... Here is the bike up for auction:
https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=110203138&fks=110203138
3 pictures, including a good one of the Schwinn shaped badge. And some information on the retailer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Øglænd
From the chatter at Altesrad there were some other badges used on "The World" for the German market, according to Papperitz, who put together a comprehensive book of German headbadges. Not currently available from Amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/Markenware-Fahrrad-Frank-Papperitz/dp/3934047483
But some are listed on Bookfinder , all on the north side of 50.00 USD. Pesky technical books are always expensive.

Cooper S.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 28, 2016
New Lenox Illinois
Sorry about that... Here is the bike up for auction:
https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=110203138&fks=110203138
3 pictures, including a good one of the Schwinn shaped badge. And some information on the retailer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Øglænd
From the chatter at Altesrad there were some other badges used on "The World" for the German market, according to Papperitz, who put together a comprehensive book of German headbadges. Not currently available from Amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/Markenware-Fahrrad-Frank-Papperitz/dp/3934047483
But some are listed on Bookfinder , all on the north side of 50.00 USD. Pesky technical books are always expensive.
It seems like they're asking around $800 dollars for that bike, if only...

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
It seems like they're asking around $800 dollars for that bike, if only...
Shipping is always a pain....Price is a little less since the Norway uses it's own Kronur, not Euros. I am just intrigued that Schwinn was able to export bikes back to Europe, where every wide spot in the road had their own bicycle factory.

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Well, I give up on Albright's for a while!

Here's a new company. Delcraft?
I don't know anything about them except they were important enough to warrant a badge that looks just like the Schwinn Plane, Train & Automobile badge. I did find several Delcraft companies in Canada. Furniture, Boat Etc.
DELCRAFT.JPG

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I don't know anything about them except they were important enough to warrant a badge that looks just like the Schwinn Plane, Train & Automobile badge. I did find several Delcraft companies in Canada. Furniture, Boat Etc.
delcraft-jpg.jpg

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
NOPE!

methinks you've 'fallen' a little too hard for badges.....
Yes indeed! At first I was just interested in the history of the badges for the book, then I seem to have caught some strange bug? I like to have copies of a badge from each company I add to the book, I don't know why for sure. I have fallen in love with the art work and see them as art. Sometime getting a badge is the only way to get a good photo. I've paid through the nose for most of them, but have been sold a few from some of the collectors on the Cabe at good prices. Barry

I own the Delcraft badge. Have you seen any? Or a bike with the badge? I no you've sold a LOT of bikes! Maybe you've seen one? Thanks, Barry

bobcycles

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 30, 2006
so cal beaches
Yes indeed! At first I was just interested in the history of the badges for the book, then I seem to have caught some strange bug? I like to have copies of a badge from each company I add to the book, I don't know why for sure. I have fallen in love with the art work and see them as art. Sometime getting a badge is the only way to get a good photo. I've paid through the nose for most of them, but have been sold a few from some of the collectors on the Cabe at good prices. Barry

I own the Delcraft badge. Have you seen any? Or a bike with the badge? I no you've sold a LOT of bikes! Maybe you've seen one? Thanks, Barry
I have an NOS "trains and planes" style Delcraft! Very cool! NO idea what they came on....

So many cool badges out there that are very very rare

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
They are cool badges! If you ever run across a bike, let me know. Happy New Year Bob! I hope know one rips you off this year! It was you that had a trailer of bike stuff stolen? I hope those #/%@ burn in Hell! Barry

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
delcraft-jpg-jpg.jpg

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
There has got to be a Delcraft bicycle out there!!!
All the Delcraft companies were located near the Great lakes in Canada not far from Chicago.
I don't know if they sold the bikes out of the Furniture Stores, Boat Stores Etc. ?

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
There has got to be a Delcraft bicycle out there!!!
All the Delcraft companies were located near the Great lakes in Canada not far from Chicago.
I don't know if they sold the bikes out of the Furniture Stores, Boat Stores Etc. ?

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$19.99
eBay Auction Picture
$29.00
eBay Auction Picture
$8.91
eBay Auction Picture
$25.00
eBay Auction Picture
$40.00
eBay Auction Picture