When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn file

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's old is new again. My wife just got a new 2020 Buick EncoreGX. It has a CVT - Consrant Velocity Transmission. Reminds me of the 1955 Buick I drive to high school. Put the transmissions into drive and the cars go from a dead stop to top end and the transmission never "shifts."

Continuously VARIABLE transmission. I have one in my chariot of throbbing horsepower, the Scion IQ. Go back far enough in automotive history it is a friction drive, but the modern CVTs are a lot more efficient, squeezing out a couple more MPG at the expense of thrilling performance.

The EncoreGX replaced a 2017 Encore. When she got the 2017, I was concerned about performance from a 1.4 liter inline 4 cylinder engine. I was pleasantly surprised. When I took it in for the first oil change, I asked the guy that sold her the car about it. "BIG turbo" he said. The 2020 has, if you can believe it, has a 1.3 liter inline 3 cylinder engine and an even BIGGER turbo. Even better performance from an additional 18 more horsepower than previously.

Thanks for the correction on the definition of CVT. Guess I was thinking about CV joints.

Last edited:
Back