When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Freeform Pro YO!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

Bikerider007

Finally riding a big boys bike
Didn't see any of these posted here so thought I would show even though newer. Hope you guys dont mind. 87' was arguably the pinnacle for flatland freestyle ; crazy standers, platforms and bright colors were all the rage and available from many different companies.

Schwinn had a neat system of three steps for the models. The Predator Freeform Pro was at the top. Full 4130 F/F, bars, cranks and seatpost, YO 48 spoke hubs for strength, YO pat pend roller seat.... I believe the Yo may be a play on Yo MTV Raps, but instead is YO! Rock and Roll.

They may not get all of the respect of GT, Haro, Skyway..... but were better than given credit for with lots of cool touches. This one is all original except tires.

87 Schwinn BMX Catalog here https://bikehistory.org/catalogs/1987-BMX.html

20190711_181346.jpg

Last edited:
I can totally appreciate it. I was into the freestyle scene pretty hard for a few years. Me and all my buddies all had different bikes brands, which was cool, and there was no hating on the Schwinn Freeform :). I had an '85 Haro Sport in chrome. It was fun buying parts for these back in the day, starting with the frame, fork, and bars and then being able to customize pretty much everything else OR buying a complete bike and then mod-ing with rad upgrades like 3 piece cranks, etc. I love the colors of freestyle bikes of this era. Are those fork-standers (pegs) integrated to the forks or bolt-on? Nice Performer in the background too!

Jay

Lots if memories here my buddy jamey got one for Christmas in 87 we rode everywhere on these old bmx bikes , i got a 87 haro master that same Christmas miss those days like crazy !!!!! , thanks for sharing buddy !!!!!!!

Back