When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn fresh from the trash

-

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Today in Inglewood I was helping a friend with his 56 bug and the neighbor rolls this out to the curb and dumps it next to the trash cans for the scrap guy.

Knocked on his door to make 100% sure it was cool to swoop it up..

And he says "take it"

Rear hub says Bendix 2 speed auto?

Serial number D128410

Both wheels have H/D spokes and looks to be a Bendix hub on the front

S-7 wheels

Im not a middleweight guy but I still like it.. think Im going to clean it up, add the missing parts and fix a couple things. Does anybody know or have any ideas what this is or was? Never seen a middleweight with a spring fork. Funky rack and white pedals? The chainguard has no traces of the model name, it has been stripped and its just all chrome. Is this a Corvette, Jaguar or just some thrown together piece of $#!^ :grinning:

That's a lucky save you have there. Even if it is a bike made of up mixed parts, which I have some doubts on, but even if it is, the parts it does have are really of a nice quality, and worth saving not scrapping. Those white pedals are pretty nice in my opinion. I have a bike those would look nice on; of course I don't recommend parting this out at all. Nice find!

That's a lucky save you have there. Even if it is a bike made of up mixed parts, which I have some doubts on, but even if it is, the parts it does have are really of a nice quality, and worth saving not scrapping. Those white pedals are pretty nice in my opinion. I have a bike those would look nice on; of course I don't recommend parting this out at all. Nice find!

bikes from the trash...my favorite! you have great timing. have you checked the serial number? looks like its april 1961.

Last edited:
Back