When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chocolat96

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_0050.jpg
I'm building a 59 Jaguar 3 speed I'm having trouble finding a set of these grips does anyone know where could I find a set or know someone that is willing to sell a set. Thanks

I have that set with blue tear drops, off a '59 Fair Lady. Finding a set where the paint hasn't worn is like finding hens teeth, plus they switched over to the non-chubby grips shortly after.
I have lots of sets that are plain white....
Darcie

I thought they repopped these at some point, seen on ebay.
The chubby repops I've seen are either from the 90's Phantoms, and they look pretty decent, there are also later chubbys that are really foamy/rubbery and look off from origs. Then of course the later slimmer style.
Have never seen that style in repop, prolly not enough demand. Maybe someone was refurb and painting some.
Darcie

I have that set with blue tear drops, off a '59 Fair Lady. Finding a set where the paint hasn't worn is like finding hens teeth, plus they switched over to the non-chubby grips shortly after.
I have lots of sets that are plain white....
Darcie
Thank you I have a plain white set for it already.

Looks like Dan got the Schwinn approval to repop these grips. Maybe consider a set of these, or a used set, and then get some vinyl dye and one of the rubber paint rollers that's used for doing the stamped out numbers/letters on the old style license plates. Mask off the outer perimeter and roll on the dye.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/As-Original...452327?hash=item4d5fb92a67:g:E-YAAOSwAuNW3eQ6

I gave a forum member a heads up on a nice used pair that was on eBay maybe 5-6 years ago. Very few worth buying ever show up on ebay, so doing your own would save you time and money.

The hand roller is like the roller in this machine, but much smaller.

Hadn't seen those yet, he must've gotten them done this season. Font is pretty good, colors look good except the blue ones are off, could be the lighting tho. Price is good!
Darcie
s-l1600.jpg
grips 2.jpg

Back