When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn guys what tank is this?

-

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Got a tank on a Phantom and pretty sure it is a repop but need to know if it even is close in looks to an original.

Here is the side, paint looks ragged as if I did it but the decal is set high for a white pinstripe to be added (unlike the other repop tanks I have where the decal is down on the bottom edge and no room for that pinstripe.

s12-1.jpg

Here is the inside and it looks new to me.

s23-1.jpg

And here is the top view of the back showing a notched out area on the top inside of both sides (for a cable?) My other tanks do not have this deep a notch back there.

s32-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and if you can shed some light on this thing I would be very grateful.
paul

tank

The repop Schwinn tank that I have the black is a vinyl decal, not paint. That may not be the case with all repops.

Yeah I have a repop also with vinyle insert but this tank is painted,,not well,, but painted. Any more ideas on this mystery?

Schwinn tank

Paul,

Could be an anniversary Phantom tank which came painted, not with the vinyl stickers. However....
Looks to me like it was a plain chrome repop tank that was painted and decaled by the previous owner.

Back