When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn head tube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Spence36

Flying on my Aerocycle
Anybody know where I can get or what the pitch is for re taping Schwinn head tubes ? Tpi?? Someone has to know thanks guys !

Cruising my Prewar Schwinn

Head tubes aren't tapped. Steering tubes are threaded. The tube at the top of the fork. Schwinn is 24 tpi.
Yes I changed my answer. The website I relied on for my original answer was wrong.

Last edited:
Head tubes aren't tapped. Steering tubes are. The tube at the top of the fork. Schwinn is 28 tpi.

Should we be PC here? Tapping is treading a hole with threads and male threading is done with a die. But I guess you could tap a steertube if you really wanted to. :D :D :D

So what size is it ?? What's the OD 28tpi and the size and yes I know it's a steer tube

Cruising my Prewar Schwinn

hello

u can get them at your local bike store they will order u one
i have two one for the one inch and one for the inch and one eight
chucksoldbikes or [email protected] mine is a 1 inchx 24 thred per inch for the schwinn i got it from hozan bicycle tools made in japan works fine
on schwinn forks or u can get it fr0om park they are 36.00 the holder that holds it will cost u 140 or so i made my thred holder

Last edited:
I think the fork tube is 24 TPI. The forged cranks are 28 TPI.Not sure what your doing but I had better luck fixing mashed threads with a thread file.A die wil cut fresh metal and the fasteners can fit sloppy afterwards.

Last edited:
Die for Schwinn steer tube.
a9abyqyd-1.jpg

Back