When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn headbadge book update

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy folks! I've been working hard on the book. Wow, I had no Idea how much work it would be writing book. I can hardly spell or form a sentence. Fellow Caber greenephantom turned me on to a website called CreateSpace and now I'm trying to fix all my problems. I'm going to have it printed in the 8.5 x 11 format for us folks that like big color glossy photos and also make it available in digital form. It's 256 pages at this point, with more edits to make, and more information to add.

I went out and saw Dave Stromberger the other day. He took photos of my badges mounted in the three type trays. I think they turned out nice and will look good in the book. Here's one of them. Barry

Badge Trays - Barry Gray-02.jpg

Nice display. Geoff is a great guy and I really enjoy his books. I'm looking forward to seeing yours when done.
'Shawn

Good job Barry !

Only one suggestion, no need to show doubles or triples of the same badge ? Or is there ?

Perhaps if to show one with patina and then one with a NOS finish.

Good job Barry !

Only one suggestion, no need to show doubles or triples of the same badge ? Or is there ?

Perhaps if to show one with patina and then one with a NOS finish.
It looks funny with empty spaces in the type tray and those will have to do until I find some others to take those spots. I also would like it, if I can have a nos badge with nice paint, so folks can see what the badge looked like originally. I also would like a worn one as an example of what they look like after 80 years. I do have about 75 other badges I'm trying to find. Barry

Howdy folks! I'll be going to the Iron Ranch Swap Meet in September and look forward to meeting you all. I'll have a rough copy of the badge book with me. It took me all this time to get it to load into createspace correctly. It had so many mistakes it was hard believe. Now I have to finish editing it, who knows how long that will take me? Ugh

Howdy everyone! I'm working with an artist friend of mine on the design of the book cover. I've got so many companies now, I had to start a second volume. Ha Ha, and I don't even have the first book done!:D

Hey Barry kudos to you for a project of such magnitude. My question is what will be the format? Obviously lots of pictures but will it be a pic of the badge, something about the company, timeframe used, Material type e.g. brass or aluminum, variations, etc... ? or just mostly pics of badges? What do you anticipate the cost to be? Hard copy, digital, both? V/r Shawn

Thanks, it will be digital and hard bound. Most of the companies will have badge photos, an example of a bike with the badge and some history of the company. Some of the companies are still in business and sent me photos and information. I've paid lots of papers etc. for the use of their articles and photos. A few of the companies,will have very little information, because I can't find any. I don't know the cost yet, it's 300 pages at this point and is 8 1/2" x 11". Barry

Back