When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Hollywood Sears freespirit

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rusty Klunker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've seen conversions before, but never one from Sears. any info on these?

20190127_163431.jpg

20190127_163508.jpg

20190127_163558.jpg

I saw a Sears one a while back on CL. Sorry no other info...It seems it would make the front end unbalanced. keep us posted...get it running and hang on

Does add a lot of weight to the front end. Has compression, tires aired up and held air so I took it for a human powered ride around the block. Haven't tried to start it yet.

Yes it is a 2 stroke. I don't live in Cali so its not a problem here. Are all 2 strokes banned there, or just not allowed to be sold there any more?

Sears didn't make them only sold them just like most things they sold. Sears was more a warehousing company than a manufacturing company. Can't see the engine that well but it looks like it might be a Ohlsson (Olson in English) & Rice engine. Roger

Last edited:
Thanks Roger,.. it might be but its looking like a TANAKA TAS SPITZ. They might be one and the same? Finding more info on it. Some parts are still available even from Sears.

I did some more research last night and found the Tanaka name also. Also compared pictures of them with a O&R and there are many similarities. I remember these when these were new and have memories of them not being real dependable. Could be that the owners didn't know how to take of them. Roger

Back