When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Hollywood Sears freespirit

-

Rusty Klunker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've seen conversions before, but never one from Sears. any info on these?

20190127_163431.jpg

20190127_163508.jpg

20190127_163558.jpg

I saw a Sears one a while back on CL. Sorry no other info...It seems it would make the front end unbalanced. keep us posted...get it running and hang on

Does add a lot of weight to the front end. Has compression, tires aired up and held air so I took it for a human powered ride around the block. Haven't tried to start it yet.

Yes it is a 2 stroke. I don't live in Cali so its not a problem here. Are all 2 strokes banned there, or just not allowed to be sold there any more?

Sears didn't make them only sold them just like most things they sold. Sears was more a warehousing company than a manufacturing company. Can't see the engine that well but it looks like it might be a Ohlsson (Olson in English) & Rice engine. Roger

Last edited:
Thanks Roger,.. it might be but its looking like a TANAKA TAS SPITZ. They might be one and the same? Finding more info on it. Some parts are still available even from Sears.

I did some more research last night and found the Tanaka name also. Also compared pictures of them with a O&R and there are many similarities. I remember these when these were new and have memories of them not being real dependable. Could be that the owners didn't know how to take of them. Roger

Back