Schwinn Hornet...not that one

This ad disappears when logged in

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 3, 2017
Warsaw, USA
Picked this up last weekend. Looks complete except for the gas cap...the most sought after part evidently. I have the capabilities to make a new cap but would like to get a couple of dimensions if possible. If anyone out there has one and could post the outside diameter and overall height of the cap, I would very much appreciate it. Also, a couple of close up picts would help with the design of the outside serrations (at least I think that is the how it is designed). I could guess at the dimensions and get close through trial and error but thought this might be quicker.

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 3, 2017
Warsaw, USA
Not sure why either...came that way when i bought it. It is adjustable. I'm probably going to sit on this one for a while because of other ongoing projects.

Jeff54

I live for the CABE
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
Picked this up last weekend. Looks complete except for the gas cap...the most sought after part evidently. I have the capabilities to make a new cap but would like to get a couple of dimensions if possible. If anyone out there has one and could post the outside diameter and overall height of the cap, I would very much appreciate it. Also, a couple of close up picts would help with the design of the outside serrations (at least I think that is the how it is designed). I could guess at the dimensions and get close through trial and error but thought this might be quicker.

[
]
I had this one a few years back. Somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They're tough to find especially, the tank and even more; that cap. It's vinyl plastic and doesn't look like anything special. I thought it might be easy to find as a lid on a plastic bottle.

The seat was low on mine, in the front, but I raised it. Spect the low was for the little squirt it was originally bought for.
1978-schwinn-hornet-w-tank1-jpg.jpg

1978-schwinn-hornet-w-tank3-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$15.00
eBay Auction Picture
$1500.00
eBay Auction Picture
$24.99
eBay Auction Picture
$13.99