When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Hornet Questions..How much ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
A couple of questions please.
How much should I pay for an early '50 Mens Schwinn Hornet. It is straight & solid, rusty rims. It has the rear rack & original seat & chain guard,
but it is missing the Rocket Ray, one truss rod & the tank.
Also, could I get a tank for this?
Anyway, he is asking $200.00.
Please let me know what you think..................Thanks, Wayne

Hornet

Wayne, I think I would wait for a more complete bike--the tank will cost upwards of $200, rims another 75-100, and the trussrods--maybe 40. So you'll have 500 or more in it before you start restoration---On the other hand, nmaybe you could negotiate with the guy and buy it as a rider and maybe a donor for a future project.
tom

Thanks Tom..

Thanks Tom,
Now I am looking at a 1934 Rollfast, I have a a short attention span!...............Wayne

It's a Schwinn, you can find anything for it in matching patina...tanks run 175-250 (I have a nice one for 250). Badges run 10-30..rest of the parts are easy to find...

Don't put words in my mouth there Larry...saying Schwinn's are best is like saying a #2 pencil is the best writing instrument because the world is thick with them...:p

Back