When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Hornet value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bookojj

On Training Wheels
I'm new to the forum, but I've been collecting old bikes for years. I have a couple of Schwinn Hornets (1952 I believe) which I plan to sell. One is original and one has been painted. Any idea how much to ask for them? Any help would be most appreciated.
Blue Schwinn 1.jpg
Blue Schwinn 2.jpg
Brown Schwinn 1.jpg
Brown Schwinn 2.jpg

Don't know what the value is, Cali prices are higher, but those garage doors are KILLER! Coolest looking garaged doors I've seen.

Thanks brother. We were shooting for a West Indies look. Do you have any suggestions on how I can place a value on these bikes? I don't want to give them away, but I'm not trying to get rich off them either. I don't think the girl's versions carry nearly as much value.... I just need the space, and I'm keeping my '37 Cleveland Welding Supply Roadmaster.

Welcome to the Cabe.
I'd say $125 - $150 on the blue one since it's missing the headlight.
Brown one has several missing / incorrect parts, and being repainted also hurts the value. $50?
The wheels on the brown one (if they are Schwinn S2 wheels) are probably worth more than the complete bike.

There's a very similar bike on Ebay right now for $200. I think that at $150, a pwrson could part it out and make a profit.
Tank $75
Rack 65
Chain guard 25
Truss rods 50
Seat 60
Wheel set 60
Even the head badge is worth $30.
Check out similar items on Ebay and set a price for yourself.

great input guys. Maybe I should part it out??!?!?? Cheers!!

That's entirely up to you. Yes, they are worth more that way. But, it is also a p.i.t.a.
Get ready to find boxes and packing material, and make multiple trips to the post office / fedex.
And then the bare frames are virtually worthless, may as well throw them in the trash.
Parting would definitely get you top dollar, but it's not for everyone. You really have to decide if it's worth the time and effort that it takes.
Just something to think about.

Back