When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn ID please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@Ron I believe the fleet tanks were all painted so if you could determine if the tank was chrome would help but at this point there is no point. It is a Schwinn middleweight with parts from multiple bikes. The rear rack alone is worth the price of the entire bike. What are your intentions? My suggestion would be to clean it grease it and ride it. The wheels are not Schwinn nor the bars , grips and seat. All those can be found fairly easily. Good luck

@Ron I believe the fleet tanks were all painted so if you could determine if the tank was chrome would help but at this point there is no point. It is a Schwinn middleweight with parts from multiple bikes. The rear rack alone is worth the price of the entire bike. What are your intentions? My suggestion would be to clean it grease it and ride it. The wheels are not Schwinn nor the bars , grips and seat. All those can be found fairly easily. Good luck
Thank you sir,
Knowing that helps tremendously, I kind of figured it was a Frankenschwinn going in. I basically bought it for the tank and racks. I plan on keeping it, cleaning it, and ridding it.
Thank you very much for the help.
Ron

Thank you sir,
Knowing that helps tremendously, I kind of figured it was a Frankenschwinn going in. I basically bought it for the tank and racks. I plan on keeping it, cleaning it, and ridding it.
Thank you very much for the help.
Ron
Tank has tabs and is all paint, I'll dig in this weekend to see if I can find an additional digit on the s/n.
Once again thank you all for the help.

Tank 1.jpg

Tank 2.jpg

That tank would not stay in place without hanging tabs it has to be a '60s middleweight. I don't think the Fleet came with a fork crown.
Tank has tabs, i'm going to dig into the rear end this weekend to see if I can find another digit on the end of the s/n.
Thanks again for the help

Tank 1.jpg

Tank 2.jpg

@Ron there is no tank horn so that would make it a Fleet. Don't kill yourself looking for the last digit it does not change the year.
I agree, no point now in looking for the last number, it's a 1964 frame. By the way, the only Fleets that were hornless was the 1962 and 1963 models, the1964 and later had a horn. Looking at the inside of this one it looks like the back side of the chromed chain guards.

Back