When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Identity Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mike A

On Training Wheels
Can you guys help me closely identify this Schwinn? I know it is a Schwinn and it has the sweetheart sprocket. This picture is of my mother and I would love to find more info about this bike and maybe find some good pictures of this bike (in color and complete). THANKS!

FB_IMG_1522798533748.jpg

Looks like someone started your mom on the right path at the right age! Not many toddlers know there way around an oil can and tool roll.:smiley: Priceless family photo! Congratulations for having that in the family.

Can you guys help me closely identify this Schwinn? I know it is a Schwinn and it has the sweetheart sprocket. This picture is of my mother and I would love to find more info about this bike and maybe find some good pictures of this bike (in color and complete). THANKS!

View attachment 782306

Handle-bars and the grips, paint darts on upper bars, wheel rim style, pedals, and sliding rail seat with bee-hive springs make me think 1940-1941.... with possible 1946-1947 as latest for all of those pieces (except handle-bar grips and upper bar's darts) plus fender chevron size/style... fender stripe is a bit wide for postwar. Model ID given is correct; doesn't look like a 'Schwinn' badge... is badged for their customer... A 1948 DX would have a much taller fender chevron.

Handle-bars and the grips, paint darts on upper bars, wheel rim style, pedals, and sliding rail seat with bee-hive springs make me think 1940-1941.... with possible 1946-1947 as latest for all of those pieces (except handle-bar grips and upper bar's darts) plus fender chevron size/style... fender stripe is a bit wide for postwar. Model i.d. given is correct; doesn't look like a 'Schwinn' badge... is badged for their customer... A 1948 DX would have a much taller fender chevron.

Post war crank

Back