When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn info!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Have you seen this site yet? http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/1948.html
If you read this 48 catalog it might shed some light on your questions.

Your bike could have been one of two models since it's a cantilever frame. The B 607 with springer or the B 507 with springer. My bet would be the B 507 with the optional springer.

Thanks for your help gts58. Yes I have seen that! And it's great info. Essentially the b507 and b607 were the same model except for the b507 didn't come with all the bells and whistles. But says you could have ordered it with all the equipment making it basically a b607. So I would just assume mine is a b607 because I will build it to thoughs specs.
It also looks like the handlebars are the motorbike cross brace type bars. I thought they were the other style you usually see on the bikes like the phantom
Any reason why there isn't a 49 catalog?

Thanks for your help gts58. Yes I have seen that! And it's great info. Essentially the b507 and b607 were the same model except for the b507 didn't come with all the bells and whistles. But says you could have ordered it with all the equipment making it basically a b607. So I would just assume mine is a b607 because I will build it to thoughs specs.
It also looks like the handlebars are the motorbike cross brace type bars. I thought they were the other style you usually see on the bikes like the phantom
Any reason why there isn't a 49 catalog?

Artists renditions.... Don't follow those picks too close lol..

Artists renditions.... Don't follow those picks too close lol..

Well I need to follow something! As well as the reasoning of asking questions on this forum. But I'll tell yah what that catalog has definitely answered a lot more questions than have been answered here. So what can one do but to assume that the artist renditions are lookin pretty dam good at this point.

Ok I'll go out on a limb here. Frankly I was being facetious in my earlier reply. The fact is there are probably at least 20 regulars on this forum that could tell you what your bike is and needs to a gnats ass. I believe part of the problem is your lack of patience and innuendo i.e. "well no one here knows crap so I'll just go to the internet". I, myself, don't get in a real big hurry a lot of times but if I tell you I will get you the info it will happen--just may take a reminder or two! I understand your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge but please understand a lot of us have more than a few irons in the fire to include jobs, family, school, etc... and may not be as responsive as you would like. Slow down, take a breath, do some research on your own, and figure out what questions are really important and the answers will come. Enjoy the hobby and good luck with your new project. V/r Shawn

Well I need to follow something! As well as the reasoning of asking questions on this forum. But I'll tell yah what that catalog has definitely answered a lot more questions than have been answered here. So what can one do but to assume that the artist renditions are lookin pretty dam good at this point.
Dude, I probably spent 4 years on the internet before I was a member here. I googled everything I could find, which was very helpful. You can google image search Schwinn B6 and find everything you need to know by comparing pics to what you have. If you want to make a fully equipped b6 then be prepared to spend some dough.. Dual drums, six hole rack, correct saddle, bars, brake levers, cables, correct front fender, correct pedals, correct rims..ect.. Look at pics and do the research.. We like to,answer questions for people, bit a lot must be found on your end so you learn and grow in the knowledge.. Me doing exhaustive anal retentive searching has found little things that some people never even noticed... Oh I forgot to add, a quality paint job will run a a 1000 minimum.. So to make your deluxe your looking at 2000...

I'm doing a '49 B6 now and it will be full boogie to include taillight, chrome spring fork, dual drums, etc... I do my own paint and have a striper and I can tell you $2k ain't getting it. I paid $400 for the bike and if I can finish under $3k I feel like I'm doing pretty good. Dual drum set-ups to include cables and levers aren't cheap! I expect the chrome bill alone to be about $1200. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I'm doing a '49 B6 now and it will be full boogie to include taillight, chrome spring fork, dual drums, etc... I do my own paint and have a striper and I can tell you $2k ain't getting it. I paid $400 for the bike and if I can finish under $3k I feel like I'm doing pretty good. Dual drum set-ups to include cables and levers aren't cheap! I expect the chrome bill alone to be about $1200. V/r Shawn

I meant to add plus ...:)

Thanks for your replies guys! Yeah your right iam anxious to have a lot of knowledge about what I have. And iam doing a lot of research. I'll just take a deep breathe!!! Ahh better.
I know it'll cost a lot to restore! I don't plan on repainting anything.that will save $. I want to keep it original cause the paint that's on it will clean up real nice. There is even red pin striping still around the white that is just hard too see in photos.
When you have projects like these and there's no deadline to finishing it, you can spread your spending over a long period of time, making the spending not that big of a deal.
But I would have to say. I haven't been real good at doin that. I guess I'm always anxious to get things done! Like I'm sure a lot of guys are, and I throw $1000 at a bike within a month. Witch isn't really all that bad, but I still need to learn too pace myself so my wife doesn't kill me in the night.
Iam too married and have kids so I know about the busy lifestyles:) and wouldn't trade it for the world.
My 2 boys like cleaning up my bikes with me.

Back