When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV Brake Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The rear of the front fork? Wow, am I lost.
Yes the rear of the front fork. It appears to be bolted right behind the caliper on the front of the fork. Best picture I could take at the moment. My bikes are kind of buried right now.

I think that the Weismann brake caliper washer is being mistaken for a fender mount. Your front fender is ok. Post a pic of the rear caliper looking straight at it. You need to go on eBay and purchase a front caliper with the same dimensions I’m surprised that nobody mentioned that your front headlight is correct for a Panther, not a Jaguar. The good news is that Panther headlights are crazy expensive so I am sure you can work a deal on the correct one for your bike.

I doubt the factory did that, it looks like it won't even close around the fender. More likely done by some "mechanic" in the 60 years (more or less) since. But an easy fix. Hopefully the mechanic didn't "fix" too much.

So you're not one of those that says that every time you get a bike with the wrong part(s) on it? :tonguewink: Schwinn ran out of the correct seats so they used what they had on hand to keep the assembly line moving. I must have heard that a thousand times over the years!

Yes the rear of the front fork. It appears to be bolted right behind the caliper on the front of the fork. Best picture I could take at the moment. My bikes are kind of buried right now.
View attachment 1320365

I think that the Weismann brake caliper washer is being mistaken for a fender mount. Your front fender is ok. Post a pic of the rear caliper looking straight at it. You need to go on eBay and purchase a front caliper with the same dimensions I’m surprised that nobody mentioned that your front headlight is correct for a Panther, not a Jaguar. The good news is that Panther headlights are crazy expensive so I am sure you can work a deal on the correct one for your bike.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that the fender is on correctly... As for the front light, I added it to the bike. I personally like the look better of the twin style light...
-Connor

Back