When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn jaguar? Wasp? S2 3 speed bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So i believe this is 54 ish jaguar frame with some parts swaped out id love to here your thoughts. The sproket is incorrect so parts definitely have been swaped. It doesn't appear to be repainted. It has s2 rims with a 60 sturmey archer. Don't hold back on thoughts. btw Im not selling anything

20210423_134838.jpg

20210423_134843.jpg

20210423_134852.jpg

20210423_134905.jpg

20210423_134912.jpg

20210423_134959.jpg

20210423_135016.jpg

IMG_20210423_135720_206.jpg

That was a Jaguar. Oh wait, it still is a Jaguar in disguise. ;) No mistaking the double duty fender/brake brackets.
10/23 to 10/30/1953 ------- C00001 ------------------ C39165

That was a Jaguar. Oh wait, it still is a Jaguar in disguise. ;) No mistaking the double duty fender/brake brackets.
10/23 to 10/30/1953 ------- C00001 ------------------ C39165
The man with the codes comes to the rescue . the schwinn vin page thats always 60% correct was telling me 57. Any idea if the fenders and springer for this is orginal. Im pretty sure its orginal paint but i thought it was suppose to have chrome fenders and standard fork

The Jag had chrome Panther fenders with Rocket Ray and truss rods. On the inside of the drop out in that one picture it looks like someone painted over a mess of chipped up original paint. Cool bike though!

I believe those fenders are fairly rare, that paint scheme was used for just a year or two on one model (Streamliner?), and the rim brakes for the springer fork are another rarity. Most of the parts aren't original to a balloon Jaguar, so somebody probably put that together starting with a bare frame. The newest parts look like the rear caliper or the headlight (mid to late '60's) so that's probably when it was built up. I'm with @coasterbrakejunkie1969, just clean it and ride it. You won't find another like it, that's for sure!

Last edited:
I am stumped on this one. I have not seen a rear brake bridge like that one. It is welded on the outside as well as the inside. I have only seen them welded on the inside. Also, it is welded so low, that you don’t even have the clearance for the head of the bolt, for the fender/bracket. If it is a jag, that has to be one of the first, with some crumby welds for that caliper bridge.

The Jag had chrome Panther fenders with Rocket Ray and truss rods. On the inside of the drop out in that one picture it looks like someone painted over a mess of chipped up original paint. Cool bike though!
Wasn’t the front fender different from the Panther. Panther fender had the round fork indent for the springer and the jag fender had a flatter indent for the blade fork. Also, the hole placement was different for the spring fork mount vs the blade fork/caliper style fender mount.

That style chain guard made its debut in 1959. If that is a middleweight frame, it is not a 1953 bike. Middleweights did not come into the market until late 54 when the new Corvette was unveiled. I think your 1957 date is more accurate. Especially with that rear brake bridge. what rims and tires does it have on it now? Is there by any chance part of the serial number hidden by the fender brace? A CO, in the new numbering system started in April of 1958, would have a letter for the month, A for January, B for February, etc, followed by the last number in the year. 8 for 1958, 9 for 1959, 0 for 1960. C0 could be March of 1960. That way the chain guard would make sense.

That style chain guard made its debut in 1959. If that is a middleweight frame, it is not a 1953 bike. Middleweights did not come into the market until late 54 when the new Corvette was unveiled. I think your 1957 date is more accurate. Especially with that rear brake bridge. what rims and tires does it have on it now? Is there by any chance part of the serial number hidden by the fender brace? A CO, in the new numbering system started in April of 1958, would have a letter for the month, A for January, B for February, etc, followed by the last number in the year. 8 for 1958, 9 for 1959, 0 for 1960. C0 could be March of 1960. That way the chain guard would make sense.
It has s2 rims and we moved the bracket to check

20210425_151902.jpg

Back