When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ArborlyMink

Look Ma, No Hands!
On my quest to find a 1960 Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV I found this which is a Schwinn Jaguar however it was made much more recent and is much more common from what I’ve seen I never really cared in the past but now I just need to know when it was made, why it was made, why it uses the same name as the old Schwinn Jaguar and just as much info about it as possible as its been puzzling me for a while
62622164-6396-4C76-AB39-64F7D985CEC3.jpeg

Nothing special about them. They were sold at Wal Mart for right around $100. I see them on CL pretty often for $50 or so. Here is one I dressed up as a parade bike several years ago.

I remember seeing these back in 2010 and were available for years. Target was another store that sold them. They always show up on CL in this area. They were not available from the Schwinn dealers and were strictly a dime store product. Pacific owns Schwinn and they have the rights to use all the past names and have pretty much used most of them over the years.

Last edited:
Schwinn is pretty much just a name now. I wonder why they would pay a bunch of money for a name to make crummy cheap bikes.

That is what most people will buy these days, and they likely got the name on the cheap.
don't know if it has been sold since 2004, but 310 million to sell crummy bikes with Schwinn on them sounds like a lot to me.

Dorel Industries, a manufacturer of furniture and car seats, said yesterday that it had agreed to buy Pacific Cycle, the maker of Schwinn bikes, for $310 million. Dorel, based in Montreal, said it bought Pacific Cycle from Wind Point Partners, a closely held investment firm based in Chicago. Jan 14, 2004

don't know if it has been sold since 2004, but 310 million to sell crummy bikes with Schwinn on them sounds like a lot to me.

Dorel Industries, a manufacturer of furniture and car seats, said yesterday that it had agreed to buy Pacific Cycle, the maker of Schwinn bikes, for $310 million. Dorel, based in Montreal, said it bought Pacific Cycle from Wind Point Partners, a closely held investment firm based in Chicago. Jan 14, 2004
Two points, Pacific is more than just Schwinn, Schwinn went bankrupt trying to sell a high quality product in the USA.

What would CL and eBay sellers do if they couldn’t sell their bikes as a Schwinn. All old bikes are Schwinn, everyone knows that.

Back