eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

irideiam

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Apr 27, 2010
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
If you possess a rare taller (20" seat tube) middleweight cantilever complete or frame and would like to be added to the registry let us know. Only made from 1962-1965 in short production runs, which is already noticeable in the list compiled thus far. A few of us here are obsessed with learning more detailed history on the model, so please add any knowledge to this post as well. I'll do my best to keep the list updated on a regular basis. Looking forward to the knowledge share.
KS_REGISTRY_CABE_06-02-2019.jpg

Years and models produced:
King Size American (KSA) 1962-1964 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size American Heavy Duty (KSAHD) 1962-1963 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size Heavy Duti (KSHD) 1964-1965

Note: I have made the registry spreadsheet an image, so you can save it if you'd like. Enjoy!

Last edited:

irideiam

Apr 27, 2010
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
Here's the cleanest all OG one I have owed, a 1962 KSAHD, sold to my buddy (CHUCKSTER67) here locally, I have tried to buy it back 3 times to no avail, oh well at least I know it's here local in good keeping.

IMG_0234.JPG

Last edited:

irideiam

Apr 27, 2010
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
I lucked into this '65 KSHD a few years ago. It isn't the prettiest one I've seen, but it rides pretty good and it's a functional specimen of the type. Serial number is BA73200

Photo of specimen:
65 M14 King Size Heavy-Duti.jpg

REC
Like it, added....

Reactions: sarmisluters

irideiam

Apr 27, 2010
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
Someone on Facebook found this one but apparently doesn’t know it’s a King Size.
67af614050c8c2265a4d1ea48ecf1b2c.jpg
Can you make out the other numbers, so we can get close to dating it before I put it in the registry? Also, is that ORG paint?

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

sarmisluters

Finally riding a big boys bike
Mar 4, 2018
Redondo Beach, California
Can you make out the other numbers, so we can get close to dating it before I put it in the registry? Also, is that ORG paint?
I don’t know the guy, but you can see his name in the pic and message him on FB.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Super nice KSA @Danny the schwinn freak
Yes, the white grips would be catalog correct. I had a 61-62 HD American in R. Red with the 7000 seat and springer when I had a paper route, it had the black grips. I'd say either one would be correct but Red, nah. The grip detailing in the catalog pics are pretty much fictional.

Danny the schwinn freak

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2016
Az
Yes, the white grips would be catalog correct. I had a 61-62 HD American in R. Red with the 7000 seat and springer when I had a paper route, it had the black grips. I'd say either one would be correct but Red, nah. The grip detailing in the catalog pics are pretty much fictional.
Awesome, thank you. I personally prefer black grips. So it that was a possibility, I’m going to go that route. It’s a pretty damn clean bike. The fenders have some minor issues, but a little straightening and good cleaning and it will be good to go. I’m pretty stoked to have this bike. Shout out to @ZE52414 for a kick ass packaging job that got this bike from Illinois to Arizona with no issues.

Reactions: ZE52414

Danny the schwinn freak

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2016
Az
And if you haven’t shipped that low voltage door bell wire yet, please include enough for this bike also, lol, jk. Thanks for the info!

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Dec 6, 2016
Peoria, United States
If anyone else is looking for one I found that one in about 5 minutes. Lol.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!