When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes it was, the top of the fork is still a very nice shade of red. The bike is currently in pieces as I'm getting as much of the dust and grime off of it as possible, I'll send an updated picture once it's back together. I'd appreciate you adding it to the list!

20210125_202634.jpg

ATT00001.jpg

My latest find and clean up, all original paint & parts '65 KSHD, it had all of it's original parts down to every correct nut & bolt, except the 7000 saddle, which I found but am choosing to ride it with a broke in Brooks B66, I had. The only other upgrades are the wider F&R brick tread S7 tires (from member MRG) and a solid aluminum seat post, dice caps, modern bar mount bottle cage, along with a late 60s close to mint Schwinn ding done bell. It rides like a dream. :cool:

Last edited:
It appears to be what the seller says, a 1950 Whizzer frame.
Correct, not a KS, the best way to ID KS is the shorter gap between head tube and where the cantilever tubes are welded to the down tube.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys - I was caught up in how the top tube met the seat stays/cantilever portion. Of course, I was also using my phone to look at the pictures, too. Not smart...
1613048785991.png

If you possess a rare taller Schwinn King Size (20" seat tube) middleweight cantilever complete or frame and would like to be added to the registry let us know. Only made from 1962-1965 in short production runs, which is already noticeable in the list compiled thus far. A few of us here are obsessed with learning more detailed history on the model, so please add any knowledge to this post as well. I'll do my best to keep the list updated on a regular basis. Looking forward to the knowledge share. Last updated 02/02/2021...
View attachment 1350015
Years and models produced:
King Size American (KSA) 1962-1964 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size American Heavy Duty (KSAHD) 1962-1963 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size Heavy Duti (KSHD) 1964-1965 ("King Size" naming not on chain guard)

Note: I have made the registry spreadsheet an image, so you can save it if you'd like. Enjoy!
Just got this one. Still have to overhaul and reassemble.
H328016

C3F06A47-9FEE-43EB-94FD-68758FB28C16.jpeg

Back