When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-
Very cool and complete! Only looks like the seat is incorrect, same with my King Size. The correct "7000" seat is hard to find and expensive when they're in decent shape.

If someone's looking for a KS someone posted this on CL- SF Bay area two days ago. It still has the front fender sticker: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/d/santa-rosa-1962-schwinn-american-king/7283927685.html
There's a pic of the serial #. I can't read it all but it looks like a new one to the registry 4-4-62 D21*02(?)8
@Pantmaker
1614633567121.png

Ok guys..... Question about my 63.. Does the rear reflector use a bezel or not (my reflector is missing).

Ok guys..... Question about my 63.. Does the rear reflector use a bezel or not (my reflector is missing).
I really don't think those bezels were around in 1963. The reflector was most likely the Stimsonite 1 3/4" with a 1962 SAE date.

@schwinnman67 If they were around in 1963, my Varsity Tourists would have them. Also, check out the Schwinn catalog scans, they somewhat show only a reflector.

Last edited:
I have a 1964 KSA frame/guard no fork. No rusting/pitting that has been painted, I am thinking of selling. Figured I'd let the KS group know before I officially list it. PM me. Here's info from registry.

Irideiam​
D434584​
Monday, April 13, 1964​
KSA​
Black​
Spray painted red frame/guard only​

Last edited:
Back