When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would like to add my 1965 KSHD to the list owned by coasterbrakejunkie1969 serial # BA72933 red, complete. This is it next to my 1969 Typhoon to show frame difference and a different picture without the ridiculous seat haha.

View attachment 1400854

View attachment 1400855

View attachment 1400856
Cool comparison shots. I am a little behind on adding the new serial#s and updating owners, since some have changed hands. I will get caught up this weekend. Cheers

I'm working on the updates/adds now, if you have updates where serial#s have exchanged hands send me a PM and let me know please.

If you possess a rare taller Schwinn King Size (20" seat tube) middleweight cantilever complete or frame and would like to be added to the registry let us know. Only made from 1962-1965 in short production runs, which is already noticeable in the list compiled thus far. A few of us here are obsessed with learning more detailed history on the model, so please add any knowledge to this post as well. I'll do my best to keep the list updated on a regular basis. Looking forward to the knowledge share. Last updated 02/02/2021...

View attachment 1402183
Years and models produced:
King Size American (KSA) 1962-1964 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size American Heavy Duty (KSAHD) 1962-1963 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size Heavy Duti (KSHD) 1964-1965 ("King Size" naming not on chain guard)

Note: I have made the registry spreadsheet an image, so you can save it if you'd like. Enjoy!
Just updated, Enjoy!

A '62 KSHD was posted on the bikes for sale forum (not mine), looks like a new serial number for the list...
1621320680240.png

A '62 KSHD was posted on the bikes for sale forum (not mine), looks like a new serial number for the list...
View attachment 1414059
Who bought this one?

Northroad style handlebars, with a lot of rise. Maybe 7881? Definitely not the steer horn 7884 that the catalog lists for the king size a year later, nor 7800 steer horn as found on many older Schwinn Americans.

What say the KSHD enthusiasts? Could they be original?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Back