When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I thought repo springers were no longer made, i thought the only new springers available were the cheap Lowrider Collection and cheap China copies. I kinda like the idea of kingsize beach cruiser, I think it be neat with an original Schwinn Springer at the very least a schwinn repop. I dont think bike would look right with the china copies.
I believe the Schwinn approved new springers are made in China. The steerer tube is the main difference in looks the new ones are not cast but welded and I have not researched which ones are better made then others. Also the shape of the yoke is different then the Schwinn original. In order to use an original you would need the longer steerer tube and an extended stem bracket to hold the spring. Otherwise you are looking to extend the fork legs and truss rods. IMO having a metal shop fabricate a longer bracket and adding a longer steerer tube is the way to go. I'm in full agreement a KS springer would be awesome. I have a china springer on a '59 cruiser I built and it woks fantastic and only a purist would know it was not Schwinn. Maybe we should start a thread in Project rides or Bike restoration tips forum on this because once the forks for a KS go missing the only choices are a lightweight fork or to manufacture a set by adding longer tube to a middleweight fork.

I believe the Schwinn approved new springers are made in China. The steerer tube is the main difference in looks the new ones are not cast but welded and I have not researched which ones are better made then others. Also the shape of the yoke is different then the Schwinn original. In order to use an original you would need the longer steerer tube and an extended stem bracket to hold the spring. Otherwise you are looking to extend the fork legs and truss rods. IMO having a metal shop fabricate a longer bracket and adding a longer steerer tube is the way to go. I'm in full agreement a KS springer would be awesome. I have a china springer on a '59 cruiser I built and it woks fantastic and only a purist would know it was not Schwinn. Maybe we should start a thread in Project rides or Bike restoration tips forum on this because once the forks for a KS go missing the only choices are a lightweight fork or to manufacture a set by adding longer tube to a middleweight fork.
Can u post pics of the schwinn repop china springers

Aww F*** Ive dealt with those springers before. What got me into Schwinns was watching neighborhood kids turn em into Lowriders with the Bent 20" Springer Fork. I hope their quality got better cause growing up those springers were trash. I remember having to buy new fork legs and truss rods every other month because unlike the originals, the pivot bolt does not thread into the right fork leg. The bolt would just go through the right fork leg like it does with the left fork leg. We would never get the Front ends properly aligned since the spriger had way to much play even when everything was on tight.

I'm not sure if there is an actual "Schwinn approved" repop springer maybe @Xlobsterman would know better. This link is the type of product I'm talking about.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no "Schwinn Approved" after market springers being sold. The last ones I am aware of were from the late 90's and were made by APREBIC

The fork legs of these springers along with truss rods look very similar to Schwinns but the steering tube looks like that of the 80s Schwinns without knurling and yoke is wider and more square shaped. I currently have around 3 pairs of these forks in my backyard all of which at one time or another were part of my lowrider bike untill parts would no longer line up properly then it was time to get new ones about every other month. To be honest thought the springers were alot of fun. Whenever we had a fresh bent springer front end we use to ride downhill and start bunny hopping the front end even more so after i added the 20" trike rear end to my 65 stingray. Going downhill we would start off by bunny hopping the front and making it bounce 2 or 3 times in a row then we would get the trikes up on two wheels. The front wheel and one of the back wheels.

The fork legs of these springers along with truss rods look very similar to Schwinns but the steering tube looks like that of the 80s Schwinns without knurling and yoke is wider and more square shaped. I currently have around 3 pairs of these forks in my backyard all of which at one time or another were part of my lowrider bike untill parts would no longer line up properly then it was time to get new ones about every other month. To be honest thought the springers were alot of fun. Whenever we had a fresh bent springer front end we use to ride downhill and start bunny hopping the front end even more so after i added the 20" trike rear end to my 65 stingray. Going downhill we would start off by bunny hopping the front and making it bounce 2 or 3 times in a row then we would get the trikes up on two wheels. The front wheel and one of the back wheels.
I happened upon a legit '60s chrome springer recently and almost parted with it. I'm glad I did not, the chrome has seen better days but it is a solid piece.

I happened upon a legit '60s chrome springer recently and almost parted with it. I'm glad I did not, the chrome has seen better days but it is a solid piece.
Yeah you were lucky you kept it. I telling u those springers were straight trash doesnt even come close to Schwinns Quality. These springers were so bad that, i know you krate guys are gonna hate me but we eventually started taking krate forks, bending the fork legs out and using Super Deluxe truss rods

HowToOGForkBending043 (1).jpg

Back