When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One is currently on eBay but no serial # posted. Nice one.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=222973664843

s-l1600.jpg

There are a few things that make me think it may have been repainted and put together, which is OK as long as you advertise it as restored not original. First, wouldn't you think with paint as nice as it appears to be that the front fender decal (like the one in my avatar) would still be there. In 1962 the rear fender reflector did not have a chrome basal. Where are the original grips? (maybe he didn't like that they yellow over time) These may seem like small details to some but they are signs that the bike was potential redone. None of these original changes should have been necessary if the bike was in the original condition advertised.

It is a nice one, as long as it hasn't been repainted. I like everyone would like my bikes to sell for a premium and I would like to buy them low , but I think he's about $200 high on his starting bid price if the paint & most of the parts are original. If it has been repainted and put together he's about $600 high.

Last edited:
Are the American HD's with the thicker spokes, Bendix hubs etc: just another American or are they a little more rare?

Are the American HD's with the thicker spokes, Bendix hubs etc: just another American or are they a little more rare?
The KSHDA are more rare, with HD wheels, HD Hubs, HD seat, Schwinn cycle truck handle bars and some have heat treated cycle truck cranks stamped CT ( note the dealer book shows frame in picture for 1965 HD as a regular MW when they were actually all KS frames in 1965, see frame part number 1914.) In 1965 they were just refered to as Heavy Duti's and the frame was 1914-R which meant it had reinforced welds at the 4 points where the cantilever meets the down tube and seat tube. Compare specs below.

1964dlr_American_kingsize.jpg
1964dlr_American_heavy_duty_specs.jpg
1964dlr_American_kingsize.jpg
1964dlr_American_kingsize_specs.jpg
1965dlr_Heavy_Duti.jpg
1965dlr_Heavy_Duti_specs.jpg

Back