When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-
I am posting in this thread to add/update my King Size on the registry. The bike now it lives in Texas. I see on the first page of this thread that my frame is already on the register under one of the previous owners on the west coast. This poor bike sure has been knocked around and abused before I got it. I'm currently putting it together with some scrappy parts to make a rider of it without diving into a full restoration. My hands are full on a different restoration project right now. I just need a cool old bike to ride at the swap meets.

IMG_5792.jpg

I just need a cool old bike to ride at the swap meets.
Well you found one. Welcome to a very exclusive club. Great cruising bikes the larger size makes a difference. Did you get a fork with it? Ash @irideiam he mentioned another light weight Schwinn fork that will work on that bike. Having a longer steerer tube made for a middle weight fork would be the other way to go. Welcome and good luck

Well you found one. Welcome to a very exclusive club. Great cruising bikes the larger size makes a difference. Did you get a fork with it? Ash @irideiam he mentioned another light weight Schwinn fork that will work on that bike. Having a longer steerer tube made for a middle weight fork would be the other way to go. Welcome and good luck
I did. I got the frame, fork, and chain guard. I'm having to piece together the rest. I've rounded up most of what I need so far.

Back