When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Introducing JA63790, apparently built 9/16/1965. I believe that makes it a King Size Heavy Duti in Flamboyant Red.

Bike was purchased in the Detroit area and is very rough but seems to be mostly complete and correct?
Frame and fork appear to have had house paint spilled on them at least twice and not propely cleaned up. Also, possible silver paint applied to the rear stays? The front fender is missing the left rear stay and the rear wheel is missing a spoke.
Tires are completely dry rotted.

Forgive the dangling rear wheel, it wasn't worth fighting with it for a pic knowing it was immediately coming off the bike.

I currently the plan is to try to clear up the frame, neutralize the surface rust, and possibly seal it from further corrosion. If I keep it around it will probably be put in klunker configuration with taller BMX bars with all the original parts being stored away for safe keeping.
FnjnOcv9NCg7NyPMQI5bQw=w2154-h1622-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

5ibG8PW218jw6EIufrs2TA=w2154-h1622-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

JoRo2xPEJjSrx58zKgimLw=w2162-h1622-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

e69txH_VTRlwF6mtiivMUg=w2154-h1622-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Introducing JA63790, apparently built 9/16/1965. I believe that makes it a King Size Heavy Duti in Flamboyant Red.

Bike was purchased in the Detroit area and is very rough but seems to be mostly complete and correct?
Frame and fork appear to have had house paint spilled on them at least twice and not propely cleaned up. Also, possible silver paint applied to the rear stays? The front fender is missing the left rear stay and the rear wheel is missing a spoke.

Forgive the dangling rear wheel, it wasn't worth fighting with it for a pic knowing it was immediately coming off the bike.

I currently the plan is to try to clear up the frame, neutralize the surface rust, and possibly seal it from further corrosion. If I keep it around it will probably be put in klunker configuration with taller BMX bars with all the original parts being stored away for safe keeping.
View attachment 1829845

View attachment 1829846

View attachment 1829847

View attachment 1829848
Killer bike great find welcome to the club

Last edited:

View attachment 1829845

View attachment 1829846

View attachment 1829847

View attachment 1829848

This poor thing deserves more than a paint clean up. The candy red is falling off the aluminum silver base coat. Not a good sign. I have two 1963 Varsitys that got rained on once and lots of paint was washed off.

test loading 008.JPG

Perfect upgrade for your King Size

Does anybody have a source for a schwinn american king size chainguard decal? I bought an american heavy duti decal but its not correct for my bike.

Does anybody have a source for a schwinn american king size chainguard decal? I bought an american heavy duti decal but its not correct for my bike.
I believe they have been long discontinued. Occasionally original screen chainguards pop up on eBay, though. Good luck!

Back