When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My neighbor asked me if I would be interested in looking at a Schwinn bike his brother was trying to sell and he sent me one pic by phone. I thought it was a king size frame from the pic but wasn’t sure until he brought it by today. The fender braces have been replaced for sure but I am unsure if the chrome fenders are original? The serial number is L437963. Tim
I'd buy that quick too if I had the chance! That rear fender is going to be tough to replace but I've heard Twinn rear fenders work....I'll really need to try that out and report back o the KS club here since I have both KingSizes and a Twinn.

My neighbor asked me if I would be interested in looking at a Schwinn bike his brother was trying to sell and he sent me one pic by phone. I thought it was a king size frame from the pic but wasn’t sure until he brought it by today. The fender braces have been replaced for sure but I am unsure if the chrome fenders are original? The serial number is L437963. Tim

View attachment 1229117

View attachment 1229118
Crazy thing about this serial number if it's correct is its the first Saturday stamped Schwinn I have run across and on top of that it's Halloween L437963 = Saturday, October 31, 1964

Tim S, also check the canti's for the reinforced welding to determine if it's a HD since in 64 & 65 the HD came with painted fenders and the American's had chrome. They started adding the welds around 1964.

Last edited:
Crazy thing about this serial number if it's correct is its the first Saturday stamped Schwinn I have run across and on top of that it's Halloween L437963 = Saturday, October 31, 1964

Tim S, also check the canti's for the reinforced welding to determine if it's a HD since in 64 & 65 the HD came with painted fenders and the American's had chrome. They started adding the welds around 1964.
View attachment 1233022View attachment 1233023
I rechecked the serial number out in the sun and used a magnifying glass too. The number 3 is in the serial number twice and I thought they could be an 8 instead of a 3. The last 3 is very faint but I still think it is a 3. The Saturday build sounds strange to me too but may be Schwinn was preparing for Christmas. The extra welds are on the frame too. Tim

0F550E11-93C9-4658-A238-08C95A8F5E7E.jpeg

8660E860-99F1-40CC-93D2-8E6C755D5383.jpeg

I rechecked the serial number out in the sun and used a magnifying glass too. The number 3 is in the serial number twice and I thought they could be an 8 instead of a 3. The last 3 is very faint but I still think it is a 3. The Saturday build sounds strange to me too but may be Schwinn was preparing for Christmas. The extra welds are on the frame too. Tim

View attachment 1236565

View attachment 1236566

After I saw @irideiam 's post on the Saturday stamping I went and checked out the serial list for 1964. I was amazed at how many 6 day work weeks there were. Overtime for just the workers making the parts or actually the entire factory assembling bikes ect. isn't known. The serial number dates are the dates that the numbers were stamped on the bike's components, in this case the drop out, and then it was used sometime later to build a frame. These recorded serial dates are not build dates of any kind. If anyone is interested, check out all the 6 day work weeks on the 1964 list.

After I saw @irideiam 's post on the Saturday stamping I went and checked out the serial list for 1964. I was amazed at how many 6 day work weeks there were. Overtime for just the workers making the parts or actually the entire factory assembling bikes ect. isn't known. The serial number dates are the dates that the numbers were stamped on the bike's components, in this case the drop out, and then it was used sometime later to build a frame. These recorded serial dates are not build dates of any kind. If anyone is interested, check out all the 6 day work weeks on the 1964 list.
GTs58, Thanks for taking the time to look that up. Here is another before photo. The bike is about 70% done, I picked up a set of bars for it today and am waiting on new tires. Tim

AEBCDF68-09F2-452E-BABA-FB3DE6764118.jpeg

Last edited:
Back