When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A familiar face returned home tonight. This frameset (right, closest) is all that remains of the complete bike I once had, (see the first post of page six here: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-king-size-registry-research-project.126932/page-6) the bike itself stopped by a set of pitted front hub cones of all things!

I toiled for months to find the right parts for that dang Union front hub to no avail. Eventually, I parted the bike out (some KS specific stuff went to @KingSized HD) and gave the frameset to a tall friend who wanted to build a klunker. Life happens - he never got around to it so he offered it back to me as he's about to move out west. The plan is to take the nicest frame and fork of the two to finish my stock build (they're both '65s) and take the rougher frameset to build a custom klunker ala @Dizzle Problems for cruising and light singletrack.

@irideiam could I please get this frameset added? I see we missed it before. SN BA72868, 2/26/1965 KSHD

thumbnail_IMG_3136.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3137.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3138.jpg

Last edited:
A familiar face returned home tonight. This frameset (right, closest) is all that remains of the complete bike I once had, (see the first post of page six here: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-king-size-registry-research-project.126932/page-6) the bike itself stopped by a set of pitted front hub cones of all things!

I toiled for months to find the right parts for that dang Union front hub to no avail. Eventually, I parted the bike out (some KS specific stuff went to @KingSized HD) and gave the frameset to a tall friend who wanted to build a klunker. Life happens - he never got around to it so he offered it back to me as he's about to move out west. The plan is to take the nicest frame and fork of the two to finish my stock build (they're both '65s) and take the rougher frameset to build a custom klunker ala @Dizzle Problems for cruising and light singletrack.

@irideiam could I please get this frameset added? I see we missed it before. SN BA72868, 2/26/1965 KSHD
Here, let me save you a lot of trouble... just send the best frame & fork out my way and I'll hook them up with the OG fenders. Life back to normal, easy peazy, lemon squeezy.;)

American King Size vs standard difference:
The seatpost measures 20” from the crank center to the top of the post. Due to the longer headtube the fork steer tube is longer as well. Plus, the rear fender is longer to compensate for the longer seat tube length.

Headtube length info from this thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/show-us-your-kingsize-schwinns.52981/#post-314551

@island schwinn
bare headtube without cups is about 6-3/4".standard middleweight is about 5-1/2"

@schwinnbikebobb
View attachment 805898

Whats the steer tube length on these king size forks?

Back