When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here’s version one I might mix in some more raw/silver parts it’s a nice riding cruiser.

3C16A13F-96D4-4A61-8626-411821E1890C.jpeg

After 3 years, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel on my 63 KSAHD.... Just trying to remember which way the rear fender stay bolts and front chain guard bolt go. On the rear fender, do they go with the screw head facing the wheel or the nut facing the wheel? On the chain guard, does the screw head face the sprocket or the nut face the sprocket?

After 3 years, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel on my 63 KSAHD.... Just trying to remember which way the rear fender stay bolts and front chain guard bolt go. On the rear fender, do they go with the screw head facing the wheel or the nut facing the wheel? On the chain guard, does the screw head face the sprocket or the nut face the sprocket?
Screw head on the guard faces the sprocket. If you have the correct length bolt for fenders the nut faces the wheel and you need to put fender on before wheel or you can not get drive side bolt in due to the sprocket.

Finally finished.... This was a preservation, not a restoration. It still has its nicks and faded decals. '
New parts
tires
tubes
grips (old ones were badly scraped up)

replacement old parts
rear reflector and bezel (were missing)

The rear fender was damaged but repaired and came out nice.
The 2-speed wasn't working but a bike shop near here had a guy with the correct tools and knowledge to fix it.
I thought it would take 2-3 days and I would have to find parts. He called the next day, and it was done. It was just gummed
up, he said it didn't appear to have many miles on it.

2022-04-16a 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

2022-04-16b 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

2022-04-16c 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

2022-04-16d 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

2022-04-16e 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

2022-04-16f 1963 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duty American.JPG

Nice one! Love the fact that you didn't mess with the original patina, shows its character and age. Also the fact that you cared enough to ask how the bolts came installed from the factory. I am super anal about stuff like that as well, and always notice when it's not done correctly. Love the pride and attention you gave it.

Finally finished.... This was a preservation, not a restoration. It still has its nicks and faded decals. '
New parts
tires
tubes
grips (old ones were badly scraped up)

replacement old parts
rear reflector and bezel (were missing)

The rear fender was damaged but repaired and came out nice.
The 2-speed wasn't working but a bike shop near here had a guy with the correct tools and knowledge to fix it.
I thought it would take 2-3 days and I would have to find parts. He called the next day, and it was done. It was just gummed
up, he said it didn't appear to have many miles on it.

View attachment 1607842

View attachment 1607843

View attachment 1607844

View attachment 1607845

View attachment 1607846

View attachment 1607847
Beautiful job! Just wanted to ad, I’ve had many untouched oldie Schwinns and the front screw for the chainguard and fender screws came both ways. Same goes for the lock washers, some under the nut,some under the screw head. Im sure it depended upon which employee installed them. My 2 cents

Was able to do a quick thrash on this one last night! I’ve adapted the “I’d rather have it riding than have it perfect” mindset a lot lately. Too many projects and not enough time to devote to ever little detail. So good enough is fine for me!

I can’t stand s7’s because of lack of tire options, so this got some decent s2’s and a set of vintage Carlisle knobbies. Clean up the chrome, wipe the paint down and fresh grease. I changed the bars to late 70’s cruiser bars, not in love yet, probably take a few different options till I’m happy with a bar setup on this one.

Was able to do a quick thrash on this one last night! I’ve adapted the “I’d rather have it riding than have it perfect” mindset a lot lately. Too many projects and not enough time to devote to ever little detail. So good enough is fine for me!

I can’t stand s7’s because of lack of tire options, so this got some decent s2’s and a set of vintage Carlisle knobbies. Clean up the chrome, wipe the paint down and fresh grease. I changed the bars to late 70’s cruiser bars, not in love yet, probably take a few different options till I’m happy with a bar setup on this one.

View attachment 1615750

View attachment 1615751
Real nice job on the clean up , the larger frame has a great feel to it. Were the S-7s HD wheels?

Back