When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-

sworley

I live for the CABE
Welcome! Thank you to @irideiam for initiating this thread! I am simply the new caretaker.
If you possess a rare taller Schwinn King Size (20" seat tube) middleweight cantilever complete or frame and would like to be added to the registry let us know. Only made from 1962-1965 in short production runs, which is already noticeable in the list compiled thus far. A few of us here are obsessed with learning a more detailed history of the model, so please add any knowledge to this post as well. I'll do my best to keep the list updated regularly. I look forward to the knowledge share. Last updated 2/15/2024 - 74 KS bikes registered...
KS_CABE_REGISTRY.jpg

Years and models produced:
King Size American (KSA) 1962-1964 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size American Heavy Duty (KSAHD) 1962-1963 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size Heavy Duti (KSHD) 1964*-1965 ("King Size" naming not on chain guard)

*The late 1964 frame serial stampings were used on the new 1965 KSHD production and there were no actual 1964 model year KSHD bicycles. Though they may have had a dropout stamped in late October 64, the dates associated with the serial numbers is the date that part was made and stamped with a serial.

Note: I have made the registry spreadsheet an image, so you can save it if you'd like. Enjoy!

Differences between the 18'' standard cantilever (top frame) and the 20" KS (bottom frame) can be found below:

KS67.jpg

1963_ksamb.jpg

King Size compar 2.JPG

Last edited:
Back