When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-
Sorry to have you update it again so soon but after seeing the "Friends bike" listing on the registry I reached out to my old college buddy who I knew has one.

I actually almost bought this bike instead. I first saw this bike back in 2009 when it was listed on the Des Moines craigslist for $125. It's hard to recall for sure but I think it was radiant red with painted fenders. I do not believe it had HD wheels. It probably worked out for the better that my friend got it, he's ~ 6'6'' and at that time in college, with limited room, I was largely a flipper. I'd fix them, ride them and sell them. He still has it to this day!

Anyway, we would have some pretty wild bike parties back then. I recall one "Tour De Franzia" my friend was getting pretty wild with it and severely bent the original fork. I think shortly after it got stripped down of its original parts and began its journey of many iterations of paint and parts. I sure wished I would've thought to get those original KS specific parts!

SN: B339008
Build date: 2/21/63
Color: Radiant Red?

IMG_8300.png

IMG_8299.png

IMG_8302.png

Sorry to have you update it again so soon but after seeing the "Friends bike" listing on the registry I reached out to my old college buddy who I knew has one.

I actually almost bought this bike instead. I first saw this bike back in 2009 when it was listed on the Des Moines craigslist for $125. It's hard to recall for sure but I think it was radiant red with painted fenders. I do not believe it had HD wheels. It probably worked out for the better that my friend got it, he's ~ 6'6'' and at that time in college, with limited room, I was largely a flipper. I'd fix them, ride them and sell them. He still has it to this day!

Anyway, we would have some pretty wild bike parties back then. I recall one "Tour De Franzia" my friend was getting pretty wild with it and severely bent the original fork. I think shortly after it got stripped down of its original parts and began its journey of many iterations of paint and parts. I sure wished I would've thought to get those original KS specific parts!

SN: B339008
Build date: 2/21/63
Color: Radiant Red?

View attachment 908921

View attachment 908922

View attachment 908923
That''s unusual, the only frame on the list stamped for that date. I double-checked the list from the Schwinn Serial number thread here and the date is correct.

Does anyone know how readily available King Size American and/or King Size American HD chainguard decals are? Might need one here in the near future...

Back