When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-
Ok, if it was a Heavy Duti King Size, does the chainguard have any special King Size designation? Looking like no...

Last edited:
Here's the cleanest all OG one I have owed, a 1962 KSAHD, sold to my buddy (CHUCKSTER67) here locally, I have tried to buy it back 3 times to no avail, oh well at least I know it's here local in good keeping.

View attachment 764453
Ok, if it was a Heavy Duti King Size, does the chainguard have any special King Size designation? Looking like no...

Looking like yes. Ive seen a clearer picture somewhere else. Starting to take an interest in these, might be looking for one in the future.

Did you get the one today out of Ohio?:)
Haha, yep. Nice detective work! Cat’s out of the bag!

5DFD18FE-EF0D-4B4A-9732-30E17A05A3E1.png

1447D323-9435-4948-82E3-61EEA2918C0F.png

Last edited:
Looks like I found my answer. Yay! It’s what I wanted to hear in that it’s an easy solution. Now I pray the bike makes it here safely!

...Of coarse the screening on the chain guard is different in that it denotes "King Size" from 1961-1964. In 1965 the King Size and standard frame Heavy Duti used the same screening on the guard and did not denote "King Size"

@bicyclebones sells the American “Heavy Duty” decals on eBay but I haven’t seen the “King Size” since Memory Lane Classics closed. I heard one guy bought up most of those decals at the MLC closeout auction. Maybe someone here knows who it was and how to reach them (or knows that’s only folklore). I could use a set too.
Here’s the American HD decal link http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=312422190040
I bought all the King Size American decals with the shield (1962-1963 version) they had at the closeout auction but none of them were the Heavy Duty version. They all look like this:
IMG_4325.JPG

Back