When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Sting and Sidewinder!???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks more like #777

"This is number 7 of those first original 10."

View attachment 2013298

Just another fabricated story with nothing to back up his claim!

chrome ks2.jpg

Last edited:
Every once in a while a chrome one like this pops up online with some wild description about how it came to be... I'm going to sit this one out when it comes to any speculation. The serial number is interesting so I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it.

Every once in a while a chrome one like this pops up online with some wild description about how it came to be... I'm going to sit this one out when it comes to any speculation. The serial number is interesting so I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it.

It is an MR serial number, and the first 3 numbers are not well represented. I would assume it is because of the chrome filling in the numbers? It has a mid year 81 head badge build code on the head badge. I doubt it is the original badge, because if it was sold as a frame only, it would NOT have a build date on the badge! I highly doubt it is a factory chrome job? The frame has been relisted by the seller for those of you who would be interested in buying this super rare, limited edition Schwinn King Sting..............LOL

That 777 looks sloppy like an overstamp not part of the original serial number. Why is 777 so clear and the rest is buried in mud?

It is an MR serial number, and the first 3 numbers are not well represented. I would assume it is because of the chrome filling in the numbers? It has a mid year 81 head badge build code on the head badge. I doubt it is the original badge, because if it was sold as a frame only, it would NOT have a build date on the badge! I highly doubt it is a factory chrome job? The frame has been relisted by the seller for those of you who would be interested in buying this super rare, limited edition Schwinn King Sting..............LOL
I'm with you on the headbadge! I have a friend with a blue single speed and a red five. (Frame only colors) We were looking at them last night and neither have coded badges.

I guess factory chrome would be possible. They were still doing chrome Paramounts at the time, right?

Back