When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Sting and Sidewinder!???

-
Admit I am wrong about what?

So far I am the only one of has provided any documented info from Schwinn on the subject….!
catalogs… which have been proven wrong before which makes them speculative, to your definition. This is the whole reason I made this thread to see if this was another anomaly that was unknown to even the most knowledgeable on the subject.

If these sidewinders are not “factory” white paint then which regional distributor was repainting them white? That is the question at hand right now. Mine is rough yes, but now we have a great example with all of the decals and parts it seems. So who was making them in white, so well that they look factory other than the poor quality of the white paint itself?

Can any of those questions be answered by the catalog? Nope, which is why I came to the Cabe… hoping for more info than what any person with a search engine can find…I am looking for info beyond the surface.

Last edited:
EBB26453-9355-4463-AE8F-7D189A706B2F.jpeg
So new find today on the sidewinder frame! Remnants of original early sidewinder decals!

I’m 100% convinced this bike was born white… red oxide primer is apparent now, plus the remnants of the early style sidewinder decals (blue ones)… I’m led to believe that they did an early run of white ones, realized the white paint sucked and changed the catalog color options for the 82 model year to silver instead of white…

Here’s some pictures of a 1961 frame in factory white for what it’s worth. Quite a bit could have changed in 20 years, but the paint has aged similar or worse in a similar climate, Northern Indiana vs Michigan like the white sidewinder. Paint is cracking just like it.

catalogs… which have been proven wrong before which makes them speculative, to your definition. This is the whole reason I made this thread to see if this was another anomaly that was unknown to even the most knowledgeable on the subject.

If these sidewinders are not “factory” white paint then which regional distributor was repainting them white? That is the question at hand right now. Mine is rough yes, but now we have a great example with all of the decals and parts it seems. So who was making them in white, so well that they look factory other than the poor quality of the white paint itself?

Can any of those questions be answered by the catalog? Nope, which is why I came to the Cabe… hoping for more info than what any person with a search engine can find…I am looking for info beyond the surface.

The entertainment value from this post has been GREAT...........! Keep it coming!!!!!

So when are we going to discuss that King Sting frame? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The entertainment value from this post has been GREAT...........! Keep it coming!!!!!

So when are we going to discuss that King Sting frame? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’ve never seen a person so confident that they are an expert on a subject, yet have been proven wrong and continue to further discredit themselves to the point that if they were to comment on this subject again, they would just be ignored and laughed at…

Catalog thumper obviously isn’t getting the picture. You’ve added zero useful information on this topic, everything you have posted is readily available online.

You were wrong when you said they never made white ones, you are wrong on the brown colors….

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

Back