When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Krate Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kodyind

Finally riding a big boys bike
First of all I know very little about Schwinn krates and I am going to look at a 1970 this weekend and I want to be all original parts, no repop parts so how can I tell if the springer front fork, fenders, crank and seat are original and in 1970 are the rims stamped s2 and s7 and what else do I need to check as far as parts, thanks for your help

It can be dangerous buying things you aren't familiar with. Are you buying from another collector? If so the chances for replaced/repo parts climb. This is why it pays to do a lot of research and buy the books. I'm by no means a Krate expert but seats, guards being re-screened, cables, and derailleur are the biggest things to look for. To go through it piece by piece would be tough. Can you have seller send you some pics so you can post them and let people offer their opinions? V/r Shawn

00z0z_dHpTmiK2rDF_600x450.jpg
00909_erKoPJ6ZIKH_600x450.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from the pics but my gut says everything looks pretty good but would like a better look at the seat. V/r Shawn

I agree with Freqman1 . pics are kinda sketchy but it looks like it has the average paint chips and chain guard wear. I would guess that seat has the usual sideways rip right in the center if its the original one cuz bike looks well ridden . Cables look new. possibly newer tires , but seems pretty legit.

Back