When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn LaSalle badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I need a good example of what the headtube Schwinn LaSalle headtube badge with the blue trim so I can see what to expect when in search of one or touching up mine that is apparently missing the color.

As you can see my 49 LaSalle badge on this Black Phantom has no color. I see no where on this badge of any color accent.

attachment.php

The one I had was pretty paintless too, but you can see the banner behind 'Lasalle' was a navy blue. I don't recall any other traces of color on it. Nothing on the trim that I know of. I'd start by polishing yours up and see if you like that look. You can get many degrees of patina from where you're at now depending on the look you want. I've always liked how these brass badges clean up and I usually leave them in a state halfway between as found and bright brass.

If it's real heavy patina, I start with steel wool or a scotchbrite pad with Polishing compound. Then brasso with a less aggressive scrubber. Then wadding polish. This leaves it not looking too new but brings out the old details.

lLVpm-1.jpg

Where did the blue go?

Jason and Dean, thanks.
I just took some 0000 to the badge and low and behold there is a small trace of the blue. Shame it's still not all there. If someone hadn't pointed the color out, I would never had known.
I think this will be as far as I'm going with the polishing.
Here is what I found.

e6u2y9ut-1.jpg

5y6azutu-1.jpg

Because my paint on the bike is pretty damaged, I worry that polishing the badge too much, will make it look wrong. I agree that a partial polish leaving the desired patina as the frame will remain untouched, is the best choice.

You know before doing this small amount of polishing I never realized it was a dugout canoe at the top. That is so cool. being a co founder of a canoe fishing club here in Va. This badge fits me well. Not being good with history, I will assume the "LaSalle" denotation implies a colonial "Lewis and Clark" type theme.
Who's the History buff here? Someone school/enlighten me on this "LaSalle" denotation, please

Thanks
JD.

Damn if I could only get the seller to find the OG tank assembly.
Bob U is re doing the seat for me and should see that soon.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the design in the badge doesn't make quite that much sense. LaSalle was a car company, affiliated with Cadillac, I believe. Schwinn also had a Cadillac badging; Lincoln as well.

I stand corrected! fascinating. And then the car company named after him to suggest that they explore the possibilities of what a car can be, as well as the adventures that can be had with their vehicles. Clever.

picture you PM'ed me about

hey JD here is the picture of you asked me about see at the bottom you will see the NOS one I have. I have another in one of my other cases with more ware and less paint
photo.JPG

Back