When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn LaSalle badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=221161461437
This listing has a good picture of the LaSalle badge. Blue enamel on the banner behind the La Salle name, matte brass on the background and polished brass on the raised relief graphics and borders. Just like the Cadillac badge. Not only were luxury auto/famous explorers badges a good selling feature for deluxe bicycles, using reference to the non-branded explorer rather than the cars skirted legal issues with names. Beautiful badges for sure. Here is a picture of my two La Salle's. Both are all original from dealer and include original ChiCyCo Super Service tires on the boys and Cameron Balloon Cord tires on the girls. The girls even has the original light/dark brown twist skirt string on the rear fender. I'm thinking 1934? on the girls (flat fender braces) but not sure of the year on the boys, maybe 1938? They are well built and are also rather heavy. They do ride like luxury cars with the balloon tires and solid construction.

Attachments

• PICTURES 544.jpg
    PICTURES 544.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 66
Unfortunately, the design in the badge doesn't make quite that much sense. LaSalle was a car company, affiliated with Cadillac, I believe. Schwinn also had a Cadillac badging; Lincoln as well.
Lasalle was a French explorer.... The badge shows him in a canoe with two indians paddling him around.

Unfortunately, the design in the badge doesn't make quite that much sense. LaSalle was a car company, affiliated with Cadillac, I believe. Schwinn also had a Cadillac badging; Lincoln as well.
Those badges don't have anything to do with the cars. The Desoto, LaSalle and Cadillac badges have to do with the explorers.

I live in LaSalle county, I work for LaSalle county, the city of LaSalle is just over the

0910221529.jpg
river and I was born in the city of LaSalle so I knew I needed a LaSalle badged bike and thanks to @cr250mark I now have one.

Back