When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Le Tour question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

how

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anyone know how to tell if a Le Tour is American made?
Most were made in Japan,,but in the late 70's some were made in
Greenwood Mississippi.

The bike has the Original Schwinn Touring tires on it,,mad in USA
I dont know if that is a clue or not

Attachments

• Le Tour 002.jpg
    Le Tour 002.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 79
'83 was the first year of the fork being completely painted; '82 and earlier were chrome lowers. '83 was the only year of that style of brake lever, center-pull brakes, and crankset. And, '85 was the last year of the "Schwinn" being on the downtube; switched to the seatpost, in '86. The color throws me off, as black metallic and sandpiper are what's shown in the catalog and your bike appears to be dark green.

I think it's an '83.

As to where it was made, I'm not sure.

Hi Howie....

The American made Letours had a decal stating so. Most,if not all of the foreign made bikes had a "Schwinn Approved" headbadge.The Findley cats will help you as well.

I was doing some research on another Schwinn (like I need another) and "G" in the VIN indicates Greenville, MS.

I'm looking at a 1-year only model. If he'll come off his price (it's not all original), I'll go after it.

My 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2 was built in Japan. Normally the headbadge has either Chicago or Schwinn Approved Japan or where ever it's built. My '78 Schwinn Paramount was built in Chicago.

Last edited:
Back