When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Lemon Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Finished another custom bike this weekend from the pile of bikes and parts I got a couple months ago. Its a 71' frame that was four colors and nothing else on it but rust. A heavyweight fork, real cruiser seat. Early 60's stem from a lightweight and a 60's crank/sprocket. Rims, hubs and handlebars are from a decrepit Murray. I wanted yellow but there were no yellow cruisers. I didn't want to go with the Heavy Duty yellow though so I got a custom chain guard decal to finish the deal.
Just rode it to the park this afternoon and it rides real sweet.
All the others Ive made have sold pretty quick and this one will be next.
I love making custom bikes.
This bike and all its parts were one step away from the scrap yard when I got them.
Now they will feel the breeze again for many more years to come and someone is going to cherish this bike.
Feels good.

Finished another custom bike this weekend from the pile of bikes and parts I got a couple months ago. Its a 71' frame that was four colors and nothing else on it but rust. A heavyweight fork, real cruiser seat. Early 60's stem from a lightweight and a 60's crank/sprocket. Rims, hubs and handlebars are from a decrepit Murray. I wanted yellow but there were no yellow cruisers. I didn't want to go with the Heavy Duty yellow though so I got a custom chain guard decal to finish the deal.
Just rode it to the park this afternoon and it rides real sweet.
All the others Ive made have sold pretty quick and this one will be next.
I love making custom bikes.
This bike and all its parts were one step away from the scrap yard when I got them.
Now they will feel the breeze again for many more years to come and someone is going to cherish this bike.
Feels good.

View attachment 1452321

View attachment 1452322

View attachment 1452323

View attachment 1452324

View attachment 1452325
Is that powder coat , rattle can or automotive paint? What was color? Really nice build

Thanks !
After a lot of trial and error over the years, I'v settled on a rattle can paint combo that works real well.
  • Rustoleum bonding primer (is sandable)
  • Montana colors has a VERY extensive color selection of low catalized acrylics (usually used for murals)
  • Krylon Fusion Clear which is a highly catalyzed acrylic
All together applied in the right way and time frame, they meld together to make a very tough "factory" finish.
Lemon Pledge on the seat for a finishing touch..... 😄

You can't fool me! I know a repop bike when I see one! You must have bought that from Walmart and then removed the fenders!

Seriously though, nice job on the paint! That's got to be the cleanest rattle can paint job I've ever seen! It seriously looks factory fresh!

Back