When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Lightweight LOCKING Forks

-
Wes, I have a question for you. I have a locking fork for a world traveler. It is the closed bottom style. I need to install a front caliper on the fork and all of my calipers are the style where the bolt would pass completely through the fork, so I have not been able to mount a caliper yet. Do you have a correct caliper with the shorter mounting bolt that threads only partially into the fork. Or, I have plenty of calipers and would just need the shorter bolt that threads into the fork. Let me know if you have the bolt or caliper assembly with the short bolt, if you wanted to part with it. Thanks

Wes, I have a question for you. I have a locking fork for a world traveler. It is the closed bottom style. I need to install a front caliper on the fork and all of my calipers are the style where the bolt would pass completely through the fork, so I have not been able to mount a caliper yet. Do you have a correct caliper with the shorter mounting bolt that threads only partially into the fork. Or, I have plenty of calipers and would just need the shorter bolt that threads into the fork. Let me know if you have the bolt or caliper assembly with the short bolt, if you wanted to part with it. Thanks
Hi Jim, I don't know if you've seen it before, but the only difference I can see is the bolt length. All else is similar with the nut (standing points style) being used in front as a locking nut.
Total bolt length is 37mm.
When tightened down it is nearly flush with the inside.

Hi Jim, I don't know if you've seen it before, but the only difference I can see is the bolt length. All else is similar with the nut (standing points style) being used in front as a locking nut.
Total bolt length is 37mm.
When tightened down it is nearly flush with the inside.

View attachment 1526017

View attachment 1526022
Yes, that is the bolt and nut I am looking for. Do you have any extras you would want to part with? All of my other style bolts have a shoulder on them, so nothing I have will work. Thanks

Yes, that is the bolt and nut I am looking for. Do you have any extras you would want to part with? All of my other style bolts have a shoulder on them, so nothing I have will work. Thanks
No, sorry, none extra. This one goes on a caliper which belongs to its fork. The whole fork is available but that is beyond...
I was thinking maybe a different Brand like Raleigh with metal calipers might use a bolt that could work when cut down. My old Armstrongs front caliper, and bolt, is near identical except of course its a through bolt and its much longer. The head is the nearly the same.
Maybe put an ad in the wanted section. There are quite a few vintage Lightweight Schwinn people here. Somebody is bound to have one rolling around. Or, one similar.

HI JIM,
I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE LIGHTWEIGHT FORKS. SEE THE PIC I POSTED.
THEY ALL ARE LOCKING FORKS. I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH,
BUT, BEST FOR YOU IS GETTING MORE FROM CABE MEMBERS. IF THE FORK
HAS A CLOSED BOTTOM, YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE LOCK INSTALLED.
WES

HI JIM,
I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE LIGHTWEIGHT FORKS. SEE THE PIC I POSTED.
THEY ALL ARE LOCKING FORKS. I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH,
BUT, BEST FOR YOU IS GETTING MORE FROM CABE MEMBERS. IF THE FORK
HAS A CLOSED BOTTOM, YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE LOCK INSTALLED.
WES
Wes, I was looking for a caliper bolt for a lightweight locking fork. See post #22 in this thread from schwinny. He doesn’t have any extra bolts of that size. I was asking if you by chance had any extra bolts of that size. This would be the correct bolt for a locking lightweight fork where the caliper bolt goes into the locking fork versus passing all the way through the locking fork. Thanks

Wes, I was looking for a caliper bolt for a lightweight locking fork. See post #22 in this thread from schwinny. He doesn’t have any extra bolts of that size. I was asking if you by chance had any extra bolts of that size. This would be the correct bolt for a locking lightweight fork where the caliper bolt goes into the locking fork versus passing all the way through the locking fork. Thanks
SORRY, I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE BOLTS.
WES

Back