When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar question about decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

The X-1

On Training Wheels
Hi, longtime reader, first time post-er to the forum. Please be kind!

Okay, this could be a stupid question, but I saw a Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar with not one but two identifying "Schwinn" decals - one on the tank, and one on top frame bar. I have not seen this before - is this typical and I'm just an idiot? - Or is this an error? - Or is this someone trying to cloak a different bike as a Mark IV jaguar?

schwinn logo jag.jpg

Non-Jaguar frame with a Jaguar tank. That tank with that style of "Schwinn" lettering font was made from 1959 to '62, and are getting more difficult to find in nice shape. The three speed tanks have a notch in both the front and the bottom of the tank, to allow the shifter cable to pass through the tank internally. The tanks for the one and two speeds don't have the notches. Must say, that's a pretty distracting look.

Thank you so much westwildcats! I assumed the same. My thought was that it was a Corvette frame that someone added the Jaguar tank.

And I agree, it's like having two chevy bowties on the front end of a Camaro - weird and excessive.

Back