When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Meridian Tricycle Axle Conversion - Where to get 3-Tab Flange for 17mm axle without weld to axle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Questor

On Training Wheels
We recently obtained a 2021 Schwinn Meridian Trike, where I want to modify the rear 17mm axle assembly to fit other 3rd-party rear 24" wheels.

It seems the original 26 inch Rims are single-wall Alloy Rims with 14G spokes that tend to bend/break easily with extended use according to other Schwinn Meridian owners.

I am trying to find a 3-tab steel flange that attaches the wheel to the 16.8mm axle with a Hex-head metal screw. Please view the enclosed attachment. I choose not to use a 3-tab flange already welded to the axle because I'm concerned the 3-tab flange cannot be adjusted for spacing if the fit is not exact or I have to modify the current axle. OEMs who use a 3-tab steel flange welded to a 16.8mm axle include Sun Bicycles and Husky Bicycles, but these companies will not sell the me the 3-tab steel flange that I need.

The only place so far, where I have found this 3-tab flange for a 16.8mm axle seems to be for True Tricycles sold by IndustrialBicycles.com. However, I would have to purchase a complete 3-tab flange with a 16.8 mm axle assembly that is more than I need.

Do you know where I should go and/or which other companies sell a 3-tab flange for a 16.8mm axle that attaches to the axle with hex-head metal screws?

Regards, Steve
Cincinnati, OH

driveaxle.jpg

Back