When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Middleweight kick stand lengths

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Midget87

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am currently working on a 1958 Corvette and a 1962 American HD. The American has a 14” long kickstand. (Inside measurement to the pivot )All my other middleweight Schwinns have a shorter kick stand on them. The American HD has been worked on and painted twice. Any thoughts on where this kickstand should belong or if this is correct for a paper boy special? Thanks in advance.

I am currently working on a 1958 Corvette and a 1962 American HD. The American has a 14” long kickstand. (Inside measurement to the pivot )All my other middleweight Schwinns have a shorter kick stand on them. The American HD has been worked on and painted twice. Any thoughts on where this kickstand should belong or if this is correct for a paper boy special? Thanks in advance.
Sounds like your American has the wrong sprag! A 26" middleweight stand is 11.5" from the bottom to underside of the bend at the pivot.

Thanks. I noticed this when I was removing both kick stands to strip the paint. What would this 14”er be correct for?

Here's a 1962 Schwinn kickstand parts list and it shows a different part number for 26" models using Knobby or HD tires.

Paper Tunes237.jpg

The part number for this one must not be on there as its longer than a standard 26" kickstand. Wild.

Back