When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn/Milsco full floating saddle parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
550shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Offered here are most of the parts to a Schwinn/Milsco full floating saddle. This saddle debuted on the 1936 Autocycle SA207. Perhaps you are missing a part or have broken a part-here is a rare opportunity to repair/finish your saddle. These parts never come up for sale and if you have lost or broken a part to have it machined would exceed the cost of this offering. I believe that these weren't the great seller or gimmick Schwinn had hoped for. And probably not made in great numbers either! They were very expensive and offered only on the top Schwinns 1936-41. Effectively by 39 they were proving somewhat of a disappointment and sales lagged. The problems we see today are the problems back then-parts broke on them when improperly used. Milsco then turned to selling them on their own. Schwinn also sold them as an accessory-almost at half of the cost of a bike! I have seen these later offerings without the Schwinn or Mead logo on them. They are so unique and people recognized it that they seemed to get stashed till the collectors came upon them! In this offering most of the parts to the saddle are here-everything except the saddle post and its internals. All the parts have normal use wear-the nose spring is missing 1 1/2" of the leaf spring tip(very common-brittle) but this doesn't affect its serviceability. This is the most common part to fail. I made one of these many moons ago for a friend-it took about a month-after several restarts I got so frustrated-never again. Here you have a chance to repair/finish your saddle or maybe keep these in your reserve stash. Study pictures-ask questions.

Last edited:
Back