When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Motorbike Muscatine, Iowa estate sale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Starting bid is 4k.....what if no one bids at that. I'd want to go to an auction thinking of getting a deal and not having to start bidding at high end.

I don’t know but she may have a 4K offer so that’s where she decided to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starting the auction off high ruins the prospect of possibly getting a nice bike for a decent price for many. it also separates the men from the boys-who can pay/who can't. this is driven somewhat by greed on the part of the auctioneer. actually it cuts out the entertainment and all the fun of buyers getting all lathered up and caught in the moment and by the time the gavel hits 'sold' the winner is asking himself....what did I just pay for this thing! and don't discount that many auctioneers use shill bidders giving a wink and a nod and driving the price up when they think they have a fish on the line! hopefully there aren't any 'premiums' attached to the final realized price either. at any rate i'll be watching(not bidding) with my buttered popcorn! looks to be a good night's entertainment.

I thought this was a tag sale, estate sale, now they are going to bids. it's funny and sometimes bittersweet how the internet has changed buying and selling. twenty some years ago she would have put that 1952 ha ha, bike in the tag sale with a 300 dollar price tag, and been smiling big when someone rolled it out of the garage

Wow, small world. My first job after graduating from U of Iowa in 1988 was in Muscatine, at the HON Co. I spent three years there. It was in Muscatine where I started collecting bicycles. A lozier-yost hard tire safety was my first score for $100. I wish I woulda known about this motorbike! A good time to go back and visit!

Back