When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn New World 1940s?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Iverider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Straight Schwinn New World. Missing the coaster brake strap and has a few broken spokes. 26" x 1.375" wheels (may fit 597 bsd tires, but I haven't tried)
$175 shipped Continental U.S. or $100 local pickup 47433.

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4784.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4788.JPG

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

It's interesting. A post war bike with fish hook, instead of adjustable drop out. What's with the miller stand, prewar stem, prewar new departure rear end??? What's up?

It also has a bolt on chain guard. I thought the fish hook came out after WWII?

Last edited:
I'd say it's a November 10th 1952 model.
View attachment 884917

Nope nope nope. ;) First off, a pre war bike has a rear fork, and no it's not a rear facing drop out or a drop out. The fish hook is thee drop out. These 40-41 Schwinn's were the first to have the drop out. Also, some pre war lightweights like the 40 Superior, 39 WI-M,WI-L and WI-3 Racer had the removable seat post clamp. The OP's bike is pre war.

Nope nope nope. ;) First off, a pre war bike has a rear fork, and no it's not a rear facing drop out or a drop out. The fish hook is thee drop out. These 40-41 Schwinn's were the first to have the drop out. Also, some pre war lightweights like the 40 Superior, 39 WI-M,WI-L and WI-3 Racer had the removable seat post clamp. The OP's bike is pre war.
Very interesting, thanks for the schooling.:)

Back