When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn new world

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
Do this look to be prewar or postwar. Thinking about getting it. Would appreciate the help.

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (4).jpg

s-l400 (5).jpg

s-l400 (6).jpg

Pre war. Possible 1941 with the new dropout. @SirMike1983 should be able to verify.

I think so too - 1940 or 41 tourist frame converted to a makeshift racer probably. Looks like it was overpainted, unfortunately. The really early ones have backward-facing rear forks. There was also a dedicated New World racer package, but this looks like a converted tourist.

[QUOTE=" There was also a dedicated New World racer package.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see the specs for that, if available. I have a New World that allegedly was a velodrome rental bike- three piece bottom bracket, aluminum Schwinn hubs, fixie , flip flop stem, drop bars and geared to something like 90 inches. I SHOULD measure the wheelbase, etc. but it has been a very back burner project. I do remember seeing in a Schwinn catalog that any Superior or Paramount components could be ordered on a New World.

Here is a link to a New World Racer catalog page: http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1893_1940/1939_nw02.html

The earliest Racer versions came with the rear-facing dropouts, but I have seen later (but still pre-war) versions with the forward-facing drops. The key identifiers for legit New World Racers are: frame chain stay crossbar is closer to the bottom bracket (less clearance as the Racer wouldn't have fenders like a Tourist model); the steeper fork with less rake (often without drilling in the crown for a brake); and the special crank on the one-piece crank models (the W1-R). The crank and chainring have subtle differences to the standard ones...no dog-leg offset for a guard, flutes on the arms, and an offset chainring for inch-pitch chains.

new world crank.jpg

Back