When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn New World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pelletman

I live for the CABE
Can anyone tell me a year and value on this? Is this a lower model than the Paramount? Any info is appreciated.

IMG_2033-1.jpg

IMG_2032-1.jpg

IMG_2031-1.jpg

IMG_2030-1.jpg

IMG_2029-1.jpg

IMG_2028-1.jpg

IMG_2027-1.jpg

IMG_2026-1.jpg

New Worlds were two notches down in the Paramount/Superior/New World line. Honestly they are really nice riding bikes. Instead of the Cr/Mo tubing of the Paramount and Superiors, it uses "Schwinn Seamless" tubing. Serial numbers as far as I know follow the usual Schwinn format. I have a 1947 that was allegedly a velodrome rental bike (dural hubs, fixie, drop bars, flip-flop stem and a Persons "racer" saddle"), and have seen a couple of articles on the web that said they were not "real racing bikes". Any Paramount or Superior parts were available on them, and I haven't seen the cranks that are on the picture before. An Ashtabula with flutes? A-OK in my book. These are nice bikes with comfortable geometry but fall in the black hole of "classic balloon era diamond frames". Don't tell anyone how nice they are! more threads are at:
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?8809-Age-on-Lightweight-Schwinn-New-World&highlight=1940
and
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?4216-1940-schwinn-new-world&highlight=1940
Ride it, you'll like it!
Edit- with the rear-facing drop outs and welded seat tube clamp, its probably pre-1940/1941, and I think they started building them in 1937 or 1938. Forward facing drop outs were used on New Worlds (at least) before WWII. And that is all I know.

Last edited:
Back